Check out details about the event and tickets here
Check out details about the event and tickets here
1. Duchessa of Middleburg has everything you need to hit the shore in style. 540. 687.8898. | 2. Tully Rector has Milly, Alice & Olivia and Elizabeth and James and is go-to for the “coolest” looks this summer. 540.687.5858 | 3. Hope you saw our earlier post on all the best spots to spend the 4th in Hunt Country. Wishing your 4th was loud and wow! | 4. Hunt Country is the ultimate day-cation destination. Just a few of our favorite things…the Museum Shenandoah Valley, the National Sporting Library, a bounty of breathtaking countryside vineyards (like our own) Boxwood Winery. See The Scout Guide Hunt Country Itinerary for all the best places to stay, eat, shop and visit. | 5. Find Nature’s summertime plenty at Middleburg’s Farmer’s Market now open every Saturday, 8am-12noon.| 6. Do summer eats & barley locally at The Whole Ox, in The Plains, VA and Old Busthead Brewery in Vint Hill, VA. 540.724.1650 and 540. 347.4777. | 7. Here’s to cooling down and having fun this summer. Enjoy! Happy Summer Everyone!
Tell them SCOUT sent you
Here are a few of our favorite local spots to celebrate and watch the fireworks:
1) Great Meadow- Looking for fun for the whole family? Great Meadow’s Independence day celebration has something for everyone: moon bounces, a cake walk, polo exhibitions, a choreographed helicopter show, and of course one of the metropolitan area’s biggest and most spectacular firework shows. Gates open at 4 pm. Reservations suggested. www.greatmeadow.org
2) Middleburg Community Center- Middleburg’s all-day celebration is fun-packed and perfect for kids. The day includes swimming, food, games, a children’s parade, picnics on the lawn and fireworks at dark. www.townofmiddleburg.org
3) Ida Lee Park- Show your patriotic spirit at the annual Independence Day Parade in Historic Downtown Leesburg beginning at 10 am. Make sure to bring your best retro 80’s gear to Ida Lee Park’s 80’s themed 4th of July celebration at 6 pm. It will be a night of music, dancing, food and a great firework show starting at 9:30 pm. www.leesburgva.gov
4) Culpeper- Join the town of Culpeper in their annual, all-day 4th of July celebration. The day is sure to be a blast with activities such as: the annual Freedom 5K Race, car & bike show, main street parade, putt-putt golf, moon bounces, hayrides, food and craft vendors, dinner and music in the park, and of course fireworks. www.culpeper4thofjuly.com
Salamander Resort and Spa has embraced the summer season with a new flavorful and exotic summer menu. Inspired by his culinary training abroad in Cala Montjoi and Sant Celoni, Spain, Chef Chris Edwards and his team have created a menu “filled with international character” – but made with locally-sourced, fresh ingredients.
Join Chef Chris for a Cooking Studio, Wednesday, July 9 at 7pm and be treated to an demonstration from the master on how to make his Hay Smoked Potato Gnocchi – ooh, la, la! The night will also include other tastings from Harrimans and Gold Cup Wine Bar‘s menus – be sure to try one of Pastry Chef Jason Reaves’ Baked Alaskan Fireball!
A great night with friends and a wonderful indulgence in the DIVINE tastes of summer! See you at Salamander, and be sure to tell them SCOUT sent you!
Salamander Resort & Day Spa
1. LINEN: Stylish & lightweight linen for your summer closet at DUCHESSA of Middleburg, 540.687.8898 and TULLY RECTOR, 540.687.5858 of Middleburg. || GRILL TIME: Perfect weather for grilling & eating outside, find all you need to get your grill on at THE WHOLE OX in The Plains, 540.724.1650. || 3. GREAT BOOKS: Relax & curl up with a great book beachside. HORSE COUNTRY of Warrenton has an amazing collection of great reads, subjects range from culinary to fox hunting! 540.347. 3141 ||4. ICED TEA: Nothing beats a crisp class of iced tea in summertime and you will not find a better glass than THE LOCKE STORE‘s original, all natural (lemon with a hint of mint) recipe – Wizzie’s Iced Tea! 540.837.1275 in Boyce, VA || 5. SANDALS: Time to wear sandals! TULLY has the lastest Jack Rogers! 6. THE GREAT OUTDOORS: Explore beautiful Virginia with a hike, ride, or canoe trip. Get outfitted for it all at TRICOUNTY in Marshall. 540.364.1891|| 7. TWILIGHT POLO: Spend the evening catching up with friends and watching polo under the stars. TWILIGHT POLO Saturday nights at Great Meadow in The Plains.
Happy June everyone! Enjoy & tell them SCOUT sent you!
Middleburg Events Studio cut the ribbon and celebrated their grand opening with a beautiful, festive affair – giving us just a hint of what they could do for our next big occasion.
A collaboration of some of our areas most sought-after wedding industry professionals, Middleburg Events Studio is poised to offer clients the “once in a lifetime experience” they’re hoping for – from photography to event styling, floral design, catering, event planning, custom printing and more!
The Studio’s dream team of collaborators include: Rosanna Smith of Bella Villa; TSG Hunt Country’s own, Holly Heider Chapple of Holly Heider Chapple Flowers, Becky Armstrong, Director, Middleburg Events Studio, Matilda Reuter, The Red Fox Inn & Tavern, Jodi & Kurt Baier of Jodi Miller Photography. Rachel Merkle, Miss Merkle Design and Ally Rohling from La Bella Luce. (all pictured above)
For the ribbon cutting, the studio’s space was styled to perfection (beautiful and romantic) & the treats served, courtesy of the Red Fox Inn & Tavern - were pure decadence in a bite!
When pulling together this post, we thought we’d ask Matilda Reuter from The Red Fox Inn & Tavern, how she creates the ultimate wedding experience. If you are newly engaged, take notes - Matilda’s pearls of wisdom…
1. How do you work with a couple to make their wedding day uniquely their own?
The first order of business is to sit down and meet with couples in person to understand their thoughts, dreams, and ideas. I always ask, “When you picture your wedding day, what adjectives describe your vision?” And then, I just listen! It is really important for me to hear from couples what they are initially thinking before I start to generate ideas with them so that we do not lose sight of their initial dreams.
I always ask, “When you picture your wedding day, what adjectives describe your vision?” And then, I just listen!
2. Any tips you could pass on to a newly engaged couple?
First and foremost establish a budget and realistic expectations that you and your families are comfortable with. Setting the budget and boundaries beforehand will save both time and money, and keep the experience what it should be, a once in a lifetime event! There are so many ways to be creative and have the event of your dreams without breaking the bank. Always remember that as long as you have your family and friends celebrating your special day with you, it will be a day you will never forget.
There are so many ways to be creative and have the event of your dreams without breaking the bank.
3. What kinds of things should they consider when beginning to plan for the big day?
I encourage couples to enjoy the planning stage & daydream about their wedding weekend – the rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony, and reception. Keep a folder of inspiration and notes to share with the vendors you choose to work with. This will help all parties to see the same vision and work together to create an event that truly resembles your dreams.
Keep a folder of inspiration and notes to share with the vendors you choose to work with. This will help all parties to see the same vision…
4. What is the best part of this experience for you?
The best part about planning events is seeing client’s visions become a reality. We work so closely together for so long, that when the big day finally arrives, and your clients see the live outcome of the months of planning, their faces light up and you know that you just had a part in creating the foundation for a lifetime of love. It’s irreplaceable!
…their faces light up and you know that you just had a part in creating the foundation for a lifetime of love. It’s irreplaceable!
We are certain this powerhouse of talent will have many irreplaceable moments in their future! Congratulations & much success to Middleburg Events Studio!!
Middleburg Events Studio
8 East Washington Street
Middleburg, Virginia 20118
* all images used were courtesy of Jodi Miller Photography